Prenatal + Postnatal Yoga
Building strong connections, minds and bodies.
Why Mums & Bubs Yoga – Classes re-commencing in February 2019
Provides fun and interactive ways to bond with your baby, whilst taking the time care for yourself. Meet other new Mums and share your stories – or may we suggest booking the studio for your next Mothers Group get-together? You can expect baby massage, and a nurturing, strengthening practice all in the company of your bundle of joy.
Benefits for Mum:
- Gentle exercises to strengthen weakened pelvic floor and abdominal muscles;
- Release tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back;
- Learn techniques to deal with emotions and fatigue;
Benefits for baby:
- Gentle exercises for an upset tummy/colic;
- Playful movement for enhancing baby’s development;
- Baby massage to help relax you baby and promote better sleep;
- Rhymes and songs to engage with your baby;
- Calming techniques and holds for babies going through unsettled periods;
- Fun, interactive play time with Mum.
Every Saturday 10.45-11.45am
Designed to support your changing bodies through the beginning phases of your motherhood journey; each week we’ll explore a different area of the body and create a relaxing and calm space for you to soak up this exiting time – these classes will benefit your physical body as much as your emotional state.
We recommend beginning after your first trimester, and it’s preferred you consult with your doctor prior to commencement.
- Connect with your growing baby;
- Breathing exercises are effective to help reduce anxiety as well as pain management and focus during labour – making you feel better prepared;
- Increase tone, strength, flexibility and agility;
- Improves circulation and fluid retention;
- Improves posture and eases back pain – relief from common pregnancy complaints;
- Develop mental and physical strength – feel empowered;
- Improved sleep;
- Enjoy the sacred journey of pregnancy with the connection to baby within;
- Connect with like minded Mums-to-be.
Both Mums & Bubs and Prenatal classes can be purchased casually or 10 Class Passes – they’re also included in the Unlimited Memberships, perfect if you have an opportunity to sneak away for some ‘me time’. We have students whom practice frequently in our regular Vinyasa and Slow Flow classes (however only permissible if you have an existing practice), with some direction and reassurance you can adapt any class to suit where you’re at in life.
Please ensure you notify your teacher if attending a regular class; and if practicing during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, please seek your treating practitioners approval.