For now, we are closed – again.
Many of these questions may not be relevant, so please reach out via email if there’s something on your mind.
- 10 students per class;
- Reduced Timetable;
- Social distancing will be observed;
- Mat spaces will be clearly marked;
- No teacher-student contact – including on arrival, also during class (no hands-on adjustments);
- Specialists classes i.e. Prenatal, Mums + Bubs and Kids Yoga will not be scheduled initially;
- To ensure a fair availability of classes for everyone, we’re asking ALL students to limit visits to 4 in-studio classes per week.Again, this is only while we are restricted to 10 people per class; once this lifts all Direct Debit Memberships and Upfront Memberships will revert to unlimited visits. We’re hopeful we’ll be in a position to lift this even earlier!
- Attendance is by pre-booking ONLY via the MindBody app;
- No walk-ins at this time;
- All no-shows and late cancellations (within 3 hours of the class commencing) will be charged for the class:
- If you are on the waitlist and a place becomes available you will be notified by email.
- Direct Debit Members and Upfront Members will be charged $15 for a no show/late cancellation. If you hold a Class Pass, the missed class will be deducted.
- There will be NO communal props available – this includes mats;
- You are absolutely welcome (and encouraged) to bring your own props;
- We will have a range of mats, and props available for purchase at the studio; including bolsters, blocks, straps – products and prices displayed in-studio.
We all have questions, please don’t be afraid to ask!
Whether you’re a first time practitioner, or been practicing for years, every studio operates differently and it’s important you familiarise yourself with the etiquette prior to visiting! We have collaborated a list of commonly asked questions – if there’s something we’ve overlooked, please contact us today!
What if I have an injury, medical or health condition that may impact my practice?
You are responsible for your own practice, however please send us a detailed email and speak to your teacher prior to your first class so we can offer you the appropriate modifications. All details disclosed will remain confidential.
I’m not flexible, does this matter?
We hear this all the time! No, definitely not, our teachers will provide variations and props to support you. Can’t touch your toes? Isn’t that a great excuse to practice Yoga, rather than avoid it?!
Is there a requirement to pre-book?
It is recommended as class sizes are restricted; you may secure a mat by finding us on the ‘Mindbody App’ (there is a link to download this app on the Timetable + Prices page). If Mindbody tells you to contact the studio or for whatever reason the app isn’t working, just turn up – please arrive 10-15 minutes early to secure your place!
How old do I need to be to practice?
Everyone high school age and up may attend all classes on the regular schedule. We ask that 13-16 year olds practice with an adult. We have a wonderful Kids program available for the Yogi youngsters (5-10 years old), also Mums and Bubs.
When does my $49 Intro Offer commence?
From your first class at the studio (NOT from date of purchase).
- Leave your shoes under the bench seat provided, or inside your bag; there will be a bench to stow bags;
- Ensure your phone is off and away – phones are not to be used during class;
- If you use our props, return them neatly;
- If you sweat, wipe it;
- If our studio and services don’t sit well with you, share this with us so we can make every effort to improve;
- If you like our studio and services, tell everyone! Our studios growth is determined by our students experiences.
Can I use a studio mat?
No communal props are available during the Covid-19 pandemic.
What do I need to bring?
- A yoga mat;
- Any props;
- A water bottle;
- A small hand towel (if you’re prone to sweating);
- An open mind and willingness to transform!
I’ve never practiced Yoga before, can I attend a class?
Of course! Our classes cater to all practicing levels, however we recommend attending the ‘Beginners’ initially. We encourage our students to honour their own unique capabilities and rest as required. Our teachers will be available before and after class to address any concerns and answer any questions you may have.
No physical adjustments will be provided during the Covid-19 pandemic.
What temperature is the room heated to?
Our studio will be warmed to a comfortable 24 degrees; the temperature will be assessed seasonally, as our students comfort is our priority.
Can I suspend my Membership?
Yes, you may temporarily suspend your Unlimited Membership by emailing us at email@example.com; notify us of your desired suspension dates.
Is parking available?
There is ample free parking , at both The Corner, and Wellington Village; please note recent time restrictions have been introduced – the signs will guide you on your time available. There has been fines issued.
Who qualifies for a 20% discount on Workshops and 10% off retail?
All students who hold an ‘Unlimited Ongoing Membership’, or 3, 6 or 12 Month Unlimited Class Passes.
Have we missed something?
With many class styles available, we’re confident you’ll discover one that’s right for you!