What are the benefits of Yoga?
Did you know that Yoga is the fastest growing sporting and fitness activity in Australia! *
So WHY is Yoga so popular?
Unlike a lot of gyms, fitness and exercise practices, which can be high impact, Yoga is considered low impact on the body, as it utilises a series of rolling body movements, breathing techniques and meditation in one.
That’s not to say our Yoga classes can’t make you work up a sweat and give you a great exercise work out like the gym! (Check out our Vinyasa class for that)
BUT it does mean that the classes cater to a wide range of people, young or old, male or female and even those who are super fit or even completely unfit (don’t worry, we’ve been there at some point in our lives too).
If you’ve ever wondered about the benefits, Yoga can offer all of the below.. and much, much more:
- Increase flexibility;
- Increase fitness and exercise ability;
- Build or strengthening muscle tone – particularly in the abs, hamstrings, quadriceps, arms and lower back;
- Lose weight;
- Reduce stress levels;
- Improve sleep: teaches you to switch off, meditate or relax;
- Helps you focus;
- Helps to reduce chances of injury;
- Improves core strength;
- Improves blood pressure and blood flow;
- Better posture;
- Compliments the gym by improving recovery time, also compliments boot camp or other fitness activities..
We hope this list encourages you to come in and try one of our Yoga classes, whether your goal is to lose weight, build your muscle, or switch off and relax, we just know that having Yoga in your life will benefit you, and help you live a happier, healthier and more fulfilled life.
* According to Roy Morgan research (October 2016)